The ripple effect has been extraordinary. We are in absolute awe over the interest and excitement that Michael’s blessing has caused. There are so many good people in this world. They are all around us. Here are a few examples:
- Following the story regarding the ramp being broken on our van, a man who fixes handicap buses called our home and offered for us to come over for an afternoon and relax on his farm. He thought within an hour he’d be able to fix the ramp on the van…free of charge.
- Just hours after Julie Zauzmer’s Washington Post article went online, J.J. Abrams and his wife, Katie McGrath made a $50,000 donation to our Crowd Rise site.
- Over 1,150 people have made donations on the Crowd Rise site. These donations will be used to help us purchase a handicap accessible van. The remaining money will be used for Michael’s future medical needs/therapies/products.
- A lawyer from Kansas and a Congressman from Pennsylvania have independently reached out in an effort to help our family get the stipend that is promised to families who adopt children with special needs.
- A law firm in Wayne, Pennsylvania, has offered to help our family put a special needs trust in place for any future needs Michael may have.
- A local vacuum repair shop has reached out to volunteer to fix any small appliances for vacuums for us…on the house.
- We have gotten many heartfelt cards from people all over the country telling us what Michael’s story has meant to them. Many have brought us to tears.
- The photographer who captured the photo of Michael and Pope Francis, Joseph Gidjunis, has offered to make a print for us as a thank you for being a part of our day.
- We have met numerous reporters and photographers from many stations and various cities. They’ve all shown our family tremendous caring and respect.